A riddle is a question, phrase or statement that is usually asked as a puzzle or quiz to be solved. It is commonly believed that riddles often have hidden double meanings and are asked to test presence of mind.
For instance: What 4-letter word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?
Quick Information: The word ‘noon’ is a perfect example of how a palindrome works.
What is a Palindrome?
A palindrome is a word, number, or phrase which reads the same backward as forward.
Here’s another riddle for you 👇🏿
What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat and 2/4 goat?
The answer lies in the question itself – Take the first three alphabets of the word chicken (CHI), the first alphabets of the word cat (CA) and finally the first two alphabets of the word goat (GO). That makes the new word CHICAGO.
Test your knowledge of basic English language with these riddles 👇🏿
- What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment but never in a thousand years?
- Which letter of the alphabet has the most water?
- What begins and ends with an E but only consists of one letter?
- A woman and her NINE friends are under ONE umbrella, but nobody gets wet. Why?
- What are the next letters in this and why? W, A, T, N, L, I, T, _ , _
- Which letter in the English alphabet is always trying to find reasons?
- What begins with T, ends with T and has T in it?
- What is the word that everybody always says wrong?
- The alphabet ‘M’. It occurs once in a Minute, twice in a MoMent but not even once in a thousand years.
- The alphabet ‘C’. This is an example of homophones in English grammar, where the alphabet ‘C’ sounds like ‘sea’ and ‘see’.
- The word ‘EyE’. It begins and ends with the alphabet ‘E’ and only consists of one letter ‘Y’.
- Nobody got wet because it wasn’t raining.
- The next letters are ‘A’ and ‘W’ because the answer is in the question – What are the next letters in this and why?
- The alphabet ‘Y’.
- The answer lies in the question – WRONG!
PS: For information on Palindromes, check out our article on the same here 👉🏿 Palindrome Words and Phrases in English
Wish to improve your English Language or prepare for IELTS? Join us!
At WhiZo, we provide Live interactive online classes (via Zoom app) wherein you can learn English Language and/or prepare to ace IELTS at the comfort of your home. Our course content is infused with fun and engaging language games and activities to make the learning process enjoyable. So, what are you waiting for? Book a FREE trial class now!