Giving a good self-introduction in an interview is very important. If your introduction goes well, you not only feel confident, but also leave a good impression on the interviewers.
A good introduction sets a positive tone of the interview. It also works as an ice-breaker for you and your hiring manager.
Tips for giving a good self-introduction 👇🏾
- Greet everyone – A simple “Hello!” can showcase your etiquettes and give a good first impression.
- Smile – Wear a smile when you go for an interview. A smile adds up to your confidence and balances your body language.
- Introduce yourself when you reach the venue – Inform the concerned person or at the reception of your arrival so that they are aware that you’ve arrived.
- Maintain eye contact – The idea of self-introduction is not just limited to get to know about the candidate. Managers also like to judge how a person behaves when sitting in front of authority. It is important that you avoid distractions and maintain eye contact while talking.
- Prepare – Always prepare your self-introduction according to the job profile you are giving the interview for. This preparation helps you to keep your introduction concise, and you do not end up giving irrelevant information. It gives you confidence and leaves a good impression on your interviewers.
A self-introduction should mainly consist of the following points:
- Who are you? – You can talk about your personal background.
- What have you studied? – Here, you share details regarding your education.
- Who are you (as a professional)? – This question must be answered very carefully, especially by experienced professionals.
Important Note: Your self-introduction should cater to the demands of the interviewer, i.e., it should be answered in a way that sits well with the job you’re applying for.
How to introduce yourself as a fresher?👇🏾
Thank you Madam for giving me this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Shruti Bansal. I am from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. I have completed my B. Com. from Benaras Hindu University. Last year, I took an online English language course at WhiZo to nurture my language skills. My strengths are that I am hardworking, disciplined punctual and a quick learner.
My goal is to to be a part of a reputed Central Government bank there by serving the country as well as self. Coming to my weaknesses, I’m claustrophobic, that is, I feel nervous in crowded places. Apart from this, I also find it difficult to openly and boldly share my opinion with others. I am currently working on improving these two.
My hobbies include teaching, travelling and solving word quizzes online. That’s it about me. Thank you!
Take a look at this video 👇🏾
How to introduce yourself as an experienced professional?👇🏾
Hello, I’m Ashish Singh. I have been practicing/working as a civil engineer for the past 3 years. I’ve previously worked for L&T for an year and CCCL company for two years.
I am interested in joining your company as an assistant civil engineer. Previously, I’ve worked on the construction of a multi-specialty hospital. This project was led by Dr. Joseph Colaco, and I was his assistant civil engineer. I’ve also had the opportunity to assist Mr. Jai Krishna in the construction of a dam. So, I am well versed in the tasks and I hold a good experience of what I am supposed to do as an assistant civil engineer.
My interests include reading articles about how certain complicated designed buildings were made. I read and watch videos that explain the tips and tricks which are applied to construct any project. Besides this, I like to read self-improvement books which help me improve more like a human. I was always interested in visiting places that have complex designs built. And that is why I took up civil engineering so that I could understand how certain ideas come into existence.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity!